At her two month check up, Ellis weighed 7 pounds, 11 ounces (yes, she's still our little peanut!) and was 21 1/4 inches long. She hasn't been eating very well the last few days so we're going to try some different things. I've already seen improvement in her eating since Tuesday. The doctor wants us to come back next week for a weight check. She's not too concerned though because Ellis is growing in length, looks healthy, acts happy and is meeting appropriate milestones. (You know her mommy and daddy have been working on those gross motor, fine motor and visual motor skills! We just can't help but give her a little bit of "therapy"!)
At two months Ellis you are:
- Starting to coo at mommy, daddy and your toys
- Giggling
- Noticing when mommy & daddy enter or leave the room (and getting upset when we leave)
- Discovering your hands
- In between newborn and 0-3 month clothing, your newborn pants are too short but your 0-3 are too big in the waist!
- Smiling a lot
- In a good pattern of eat, play, sleep
- You still eat every 2 1/2 hours during the day and will sleep from 10:30 p.m.- 5:00 a.m.
- We are working on a schedule, instead of just a pattern, and some days are better than others
Two month picture (Much happier than last month!)
She's getting longer
Playing with her toys
At home after her shots
Ellis,
You are such a sweet girl with a fun personality! You are such an easy going baby, as long as you're not tired or hungry. Once you get what you want you are happy again. Mommy and daddy don't know what we did before you came along! We love you!
Love,
Mommy


AHHH...Mimi is so proud of her. Look at her sitting so big in that chair. She's going to learn to like that thing yet...ha. Only been a few days since we've seen her, but we miss her already. Give her a squeeze for us.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mom
Such a sweet, sweet baby girl. I can see Matt in her, but she REALLY looks like you, Kristin! Great post.
ReplyDeleteShe is changing all the time..such a lovable little girl..I just want to give her a big hug!!!! Wish we lived close so I could see her more...maybe Gr.Grandpa and I are going to have to take an 8 1/2 hour trip south again before Thanksgiving!!! Love you guys!!!
ReplyDeleteShe sure is a cutie! Love the picture in the chair too. I agree with Bev - she definitely favors her momma. Sweet baby girl for sure!
ReplyDeleteEllis Claire you are changing all the time. I can't believe that you are already 2 months old. You have both your mommy & your daddy's features. We miss you and love you and wish we were closer too! Give your mommy & daddy kisses & hugs from us as I'm sure they will give them to you from us.
ReplyDelete