On August 29th at 10:54 a.m. little Nora Grace made her appearance. That morning I woke up around 4:30 with contractions every twenty minutes or so. I didn't think anything of it and went back to sleep. By the time I got up at 6:00 they were every ten minutes. I told Matt that I thought we should just go about our morning as usual and that I would let him know if they got closer. When I left for work at 6:45 the contractions were 5 minutes apart. I called Matt and told him that I was going to drive down Hwy 102 to go to work in case I needed to go to the hospital. His response was," Do you just need to go to the hospital?" I told him that would probably be a good idea. Thankfully Ellis has stayed the night with Rob & Kaye at the lake house so I didn't have to worry about taking her to daycare.
Matt met me at the hospital, as he was already at work. (for a whole 4 minutes) We got checked in by 8:00 and I was at 6 cm! They started some IV pain meds and that was enough to cut some of the pain. By 10:00 the pain meds were wearing off and I was a little panicked because my water hadn't broken yet. The nurse had told me that if I got to 8 cm I couldn't have any more IV meds. So I told the nurse that I just needed my water to break. She said that she couldn't break it but that she might have to put a fetal monitor on Nora to check on her heart rate. She said that the monitor would pass through the membrane and break my water. So I agreed and once she put it in and my water broke she took it right back out and never attached it to Nora. After that things went pretty quickly. I got more medicine and within 15 minutes was ready to push. I pushed four times (12 minutes) and Dr. Fry walked in on the last push and then Nora was here!
She weighed 6 lb 7 oz and was 18 inches long. She looks a lot like Matt and doesn't really look like her sister. She has a ton of dark brown hair with her own unique little cow lick right in the middle of her forehead. We're adjusting well to being a family of 4 and big sister is warming up to Nora more every day.
Last picture as a family of 3 the night before Nora was born
Waiting on Nora (in between contractions)
Nora Grace DeMott
Daddy & Nora
Mommy & Nora
Mommy & Daddy with Nora
Ellis waiting to meet Nora
Ellis didn't quite know what to think
Sisterly love
Daddy & his two girls
Look at all that hair!
Going home
Home sweet home



She is a beautiful baby girl that looks a lot like her cousin, Graham. We are thrilled for all of you and can't wait to meet her!! Love to all 4 of you!
ReplyDelete