Nora turned 3 months on Friday, November 29th. This month was a bittersweet one for me because I was trying to enjoy every moment with her before returning to work on Monday. I think that it's been harder for me to leave Nora than it was to leave Ellis. By this age Ellis was on a good sleep/eat/wake schedule and Nora is still a little unpredictable. I think that this has made me a little more protective of her and that she's been held (aka spoiled) a little too much. I was dreading sending her to daycare because I didn't know if they would be able to take care of her like I do. So far they've said that she's the perfect baby and is always content. It helps that she's a lot happier now that I've figured out that dairy and wheat really seem to bother her. The allergy tests we did all came back negative but the doctor said she could still be sensitive. As long as I stay away from dairy and wheat she's a pretty happy girl. Here are some facts about Nora at 3 months and of course some pictures!
Nora you:
- Weigh 10 lb 4 oz and are 23 1/2 inches long
- Are awake more during the day (sometimes for 3-4 hours)
- Are consistently sleeping 5-6 hours at night, eating at 8, waking around 2 and then eating again around 5 (I wake you up for the 5:00 to get in as many feedings before daycare as possible)
- Still eat every 2-2.5 hours during the day
- Wearing 0-3 month clothes but some of the pants are getting short
- Cooing and smiling
- Love your big sister, every time she talks you smile and coo back, it's really sweet
- Have rolled from your tummy to back a few times but I think it was an accident (we have to start somewhere, right?)
- Love to cuddle. You would be content to sleep on my chest for all naps and at night if I let you
- Only want your paci long enough to fall asleep and then you immediately spit it out
- Have your very own softie that you love to grab and hold next to your face
Nora,
You are such a joy to our family. You have the sweetest smile but also seem very serious. You keep a close eye on what's going on around you (I don't blame you, sometimes Ellis can be a little wild). I can already tell that you and your sister are going to be very best friends. It seems like you already have your own language and way of understanding each other. We are so glad that God gave you to us. We love you!
Love,
Mommy & Daddy

She is so precious..just like her big sister!!! We had such a good time at Thanksgiving with you guys and the girls!!! A lot of memories made!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy 3 months Nora, you are sure a pretty girl!
ReplyDelete