Thursday, December 29, 2011

Surprise! We're having a baby!

Matt and I decided last summer that we were ready to have a baby and for those of you that know Matt, once he was ready, he was READY! We'd been so patient waiting for three years for both of us to finish school and waiting on the maternity rider to kick in on health insurance. So even though it only took a couple months of "trying", it seemed like forever.

I'm very much a planner, so as you can imagine I had this wonderful image of how the moment we found out we were expecting would be. In my mind Matt and I would both be at home, I would take the test and we'd look at the results together. Following a positive test we would laugh and cry and have this great moment together. Well, in true "Kristin" fashion, I ruined it.

On October 11,2011 I was at home on my second day of fall break and Matt was at work. I was only one day late but was obsessing over it because I was home and didn't have anything else to think about. I was convinced that I wasn't pregnant because this happened every month. And every month I would wait 3 days, take a test and it would be negative. So, I decided that I wasn't going to waste my first week of break waiting so I went to Harps and bought a test. I took the test and instantly it was POSITIVE! I thought, "No way!". So I read the directions again and was convinced I'd done it correctly. Now I had a dilema, should I call Matt and tell him over the phone or wait until he got home? Taking into consideration that it was 9:00 a.m. and that I wouldn't be able to recreate this kind of excitement, I decided to call him.

I had to call twice before he picked up because he was working with a patient. His first question was, "Are you okay?", because I never call him at work. I said, "Yes, I just wanted to tell you that I'm pregnant!". The rest of the conversation that followed is kind of a blur because I was crying and he was shocked! I think he asked if I was serious and then talked about how excited he was.



It's pretty amazing how much our world has changed since that day and Baby's not even here yet. All of our planning normally involves Baby in some way, whether it's "Baby's craving this for dinner" or "For this holiday next year we'll have a baby". Sometimes it's a little overwhelming to think that we've been entrusted with such a huge responsibility but we feel so blessed! We can't wait to meet our Baby around June 18, 2012!


4 weeks 

No comments:

Post a Comment