So I've been feeling Ellis move and kick for about 2 1/2 or 3 weeks now. At first I thought that it was my tummy rumbling or indigestion but quickly figured out that it was her. When we went in for our doctor's appointment on 1/26/12 we asked the doctor when Matt would be able to feel her move and she said it would be another 4 weeks or 5 weeks. Since then, every time Ellis' moving like crazy I've told Matt about it and he puts his hand on my belly. Once his hand is on my stomach she moves even more, but he hasn't been able to feel it. Well this past Thursday, February 2nd, she was kicking me pretty hard. I told Matt to put his hand on my belly. He did and started talking to her, saying, "Ellis Claire, it's daddy..." And then as if to say, "Hi daddy!", she kicked his hand! It was the neatest thing for him to be able to feel her, especially since we didn't think it would be this soon. I can tell that this girl loves her daddy already!
This belly pic was also taken that night.
February 2nd, 20 Weeks
- Size of Ellis: 6 1/2 inches
- Weight: 10 1/2 ounces
- Fun Facts: Her sensory system development is moving at a rapid pace. Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Research suggests that she may be able to hear outside the womb.
No comments:
Post a Comment