So the nursery is coming along a little bit at a time. We still have a lot to do but over spring break I was able to complete 2/3 of the bedding (yay)! My friend, Erica, and I got together the first Sunday afternoon of break and took on the crib skirt. I'm so thankful that Erica is talented on the sewing machine and can make things without needing a pattern. After sewing with Erica, I was encouraged to get out my own machine. So, I decided that I would make the crib sheet and I have to admit it was a complete FAIL. I cut the fabric exactly to the tutorials measurements and it ended up being too small. I was a little disappointed but quickly decided that since I had left over material that I could make crib bumpers instead. After looking at tutorials online I pulled out my machine and got to work. I have to say that the hardest part was turning the ties inside out but fortunately my wonderful husband was a whiz at it! I'm also thankful to my mother-in-law for ironing and manning the machine to make the ties while I cut out the remaining fabric. The process went so much faster with my sewing wenches!
Here's the finished crib skirt and bumpers: (All I have to do now is make a blanket)
Here are a few pictures of some other fun things that will be going in the nursery...
Decoupaged "E" that sits on the shelves above the crib
Mobile to hang above the crib
My great-grandpa made this cross for me for my baptism. It needed some TLC so my grandma took it home when she visited in February. She repainted it and put new pink & green strings on it. I really love how it turned out and it will be a special item for Ellis' room.
That's all for now on the nursery. It's been so much fun getting ready for Miss Ellis! We can't wait for her to get here!
Well, this Mimi got a bit teary eyed....the room is coming together beautifully for our little Ellis Claire. And I love the cross...so special. I'm so proud of you guys!
ReplyDelete