Friday, May 4, 2012

32/33 Weeks

Last Wednesday afternoon, April 25, we went to the doctor for our 32 week check up. The appointment started out well with good blood pressure and Ellis' heart rate between 147 and 152. The doctor asked how things were going and I told her, "I'm sure it's nothing but those Braxton Hicks I've been having are becoming more frequent."  She asked, "How frequent?" I told her that I'm having about 5 to 6 contractions per hour.  After telling her that, Dr. Fry decided to check me and I was dilated to 1 cm. So, she prescribed me Procardia, which is blood pressure medicine that relaxes the heart but is also effective at relaxing the uterus. So far I've been taking the medicine every 6 hours and it's reduced the contractions to 1 or 2 per hour.  I've had my moments of being emotional about it and have worried plenty but have decided that I'm doing what the doctor recommended and it seems to be working. I'm just thankful for every extra day that she stays put! We'll go back to the doctor on Tuesday for an ultrasound to check Ellis' weight and for another check up.

The only pictures that I have from 32/33 weeks are from my shower so I'll put one below but it's not the best "belly" pic! 


Fun Facts about Ellis:  At 33 weeks, Ellis weighed a little over 4 pounds and has passed the 17 inch mark. She still moves around all the time and her little kicks are getting stronger!

No comments:

Post a Comment