Monday, February 27, 2012

23 weeks

So technically I'm 24 weeks at the time of this post but the belly pic and information from the doctor's appointment are from 23 weeks. It just seems like time's going by so quickly that I don't always stay caught up on the blog.

We had our doctor's appointment on February 22nd and once again were able to hear our sweet little girl's heartbeat.  It was steady at 145 bpm, which is close to where it's been at the other appointments.  The doctor said that I was measuring a few days ahead at 24 weeks but isn't changing the due date from June 16th.  I was surprised to learn that I had gained SEVEN pounds since my last appointment but the doctor said that I had room for growth so she's not worried. So far, I've gained 15 pounds which she said is right within average.  I haven't had any problems besides being sleepy and having heart burn so I can't complain too much.  I'm also feeling Ellis move consistently, which is one of the best feelings in the world.  Here's a belly pic and some fun facts about Ellis.


Sunday February 19th, 2012
  • Ellis is approximately 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound
  • Ellis' inner ear mechanism (cochlea) is fully formed, so she hears what we hear but at a different level
  • The book says I might be able to see her move but I haven't noticed that yet
Ellis,
I already love being your mommy. It is so wonderful to 
feel all of your little kicks and squirms. Your daddy is so 
excited to meet you and loves it when you kick his hand.  
You've already captured his heart! You also have 
grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, uncles and 
cousins who love you very much and can't wait to see
your pretty face. You are so loved already, little girl! 
Love,
Mommy 

2 comments:

  1. Kristin - you look absolutely beautiful and it sounds like you are having a very easy pregnancy! And there is nothing sweeter than feeling those little baby movements - but wait until about May when that baby girl decides to let you know she means business when she kicks. ;) Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pic! I can't wait for Zoe and Ellis to play! :)

    ReplyDelete